I was pleased to receive the following review of my recently published “The Further Selected Poems of K Morris”:
“… The first few poems relate to the death of the poet’s guide dog, Trigger. “Dog Bed” and “To a Departed Dog” are especially poignant. They are followed by a group featuring autumn, winter, or birds. Nature here is both comforting and indifferent. The best of this group is “This Winter Sunshine.” It is very short but very good. Two others that are brief but brilliant are “A Confession” and ” I Face My Darkening Window.” …”.
On Friday I received author copies of my book, The Further Selected Poems of K Morris , which was published on 27th February. The photographs below show me holding the front and back cover of my book, as well as two poems from the collection; ‘Dog Bed’ and ‘To a Departed Dog’. My book is also available as a Kindle download, and can be found here
For the UK please visit here and for the US please visit here
I am pleased to announce that a podcast of my poetry reading and interview on Vancouver Co-Op Radio’s The World Poetry Reading Series is now available. The show was broadcast at 9 pm (UK time) on Thursday 11 March.
At 7 pm, on Monday 8 March, I was interviewed over Zoom about my recently released “The Further Selected Poems of K Morris”. The interview is due to be broadcast at 9 pm (UK time), on Thursday 11 March and can be heard by tuning into Vancouver Co-Op Radio’s the World Poetry Reading Series, https://worldpoetry.ca/?page_id=24.
I understand that a podcast of my interview should also be available. Once the podcast is online, I shall post a link to it on my blog.
My thanks to Ariadne Sawyer, host of the World Poetry Reading Series for allowing me to talk about my Further Selected Poems, and read from my book.
I am offering my readers the chance to win a free signed paperback copy of my recently released Further Selected Poems. In order to be in with a chance of winning, please answer the following question, in which famous poem do these lines appear:
“ Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o’clock in the morning.”
1. Only one signed paperback edition of The Selected Poems of K Morris is available.
2. The first person to email me the correct answer wins a free signed copy of my book.
3. You may enter irrespective of your location.
4. The winner will receive their book by end April (probably before that date).
5. To enter the competition, please send an email to kmorrispoet (at) gmail dot com, putting “Competition to Win a Copy of The Further Selected Poems” in the subject line of your message. Please do not leave the answer to the question in the comments at the foot of this post.
6. Any queries concerning the competition should be sent to the above email address.
7. The competition closes at 6 pm (UK time) on 24 March 2021. Any entries received after this will not be considered.
8. You can find The Further Selected Poems of K Morris here, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Further-Selected-Poems-Morris/dp/B08XL7YZ9H/.
I was delighted to receive the following review of my recently published “The Further Selected Poems of K Morris”:
“Once again this author has delivered an enjoyable collection of poems, which are a pleasant mixture of different styles, with topics that are often either amusing or thought-provoking. “This Winter Sunshine” and “as I Go” are favourites of mine from this collection, along with “There Once Was A Turkey Called Paul” – the latter of which I found amusing. “To A Departed Dog” was my absolute favourite out of all the poems though, and really spoke to me.”
I just uploaded the files for the Paperback and eBook editions of my ‘The Further Selected Poems of K Morris’. Once the book is available I will, of course, post links to it here. In the meantime, you can see the book cover here.
Caption: The image shows the book cover, which has a picture of a Winter sunset, with several bare trees in a park.