amazon.co.uk and amazon.com have introduced a new discount tool which allows authors to discount the price of their book. The tool is different from the KDP Select Promotions Manager which enables authors to offer their e-books free of charge for up to 5 days in any 90 day period. For further information please see below which has been taken from an e-mail I received from Amazon.
“We are excited to introduce our newest KDP Select benefit – Kindle Countdown Deals. This is a new book promotion tool that lets you provide readers with
time-bound promotional discounts for your Kindle books, available on Amazon.com and
Here are some of the benefits of Kindle Countdown Deals:
list of 5 items
• Set time-bound promotions – You control how long your book is discounted. The time remaining for your promotion will be visible for customers to help
generate excitement for the price discount.
• Customers get a great deal – Your customers will see the great deal they’re getting with the regular price included on the book’s detail page, right beside
the promotional price.
• Retain a 70% royalty rate – You will earn royalties based on your regular royalty rate and the promotional price. As a result, if you are using the 70%
royalty option, you’ll earn 70% even if the price is below $2.99.
• Increase discoverability – Customers can easily browse live Kindle Countdown Deals at
– a great way for you and your books to get discovered.
• Monitor performance in real-time – A new KDP report displays sales and royalties at each price discount side-by-side with pre-promotion performance, so
you can compare results.”
For detailed information on the workings of Kindle CountDown Deals please visit the below link https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=201298260&ref_=pe_445910_34749920